Klood Limited (‘Klood’) is firmly committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our terms and conditions of use, www.klood.com/terms, and any other documents referred to on it) set out the basis on which any personal data Klood collects from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how Klood will treat it. By visiting http://www.klood.com (‘Our Site’) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’), the data controller is Klood Limited of c/o CH. Hausmann & Co., 5 De Walden Court, 85 New Cavendish Street, London W1W 6XD.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Mr Vivion Cox.
INFORMATION KLOOD MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
Klood may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on Our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use Our Site, subscribe to our blog or newsletter, download a whitepaper, presentation or other material, use of our online tools and when you report a problem with Our Site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, company name, company size, company industry, job role and location.
- Information Klood collects about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site Klood may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information Klood receives from other sources. Klood may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites Klood operates or the other services Klood provides. Klood is also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- We collect data relating to social media platforms and other digital properties that connect to the Klood Engine in order to obtain maximum benefit from the service. We do not collect any information they themselves cannot access (except where presented in aggregated form from source data that is read but not displayed.
Klood will not intentionally collect or maintain, and do not want you to give us, any information regarding your medical or health conditions, race or ethnic origins, political opinions, religious beliefs or any other sensitive information.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Klood uses information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. Klood will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services Klood offers that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services Klood feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, Klood will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where Klood permits selected third parties to use your data, Klood (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which Klood collects your data (the registration form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information Klood collects about you. Klood will use this informationto administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising Klood serves to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information Klood receives from other sources. Klood may combine this information with information you give to us and information Klood collects about you. Klood may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information Klood receives).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Klood may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
Klood may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract Klood enters into with them.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. Klood does not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but Klood may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, Klood may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). Klood may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). Klood may make use of the personal data Klood has collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Klood may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that Klood sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Klood may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Klood or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE KLOOD STORES YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where Klood has given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Klood asks you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Klood will do our best to protect your personal data, Klood cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once Klood has received your information, Klood will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Klood will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if Klood intends to use your data for such purposes or if Klood intends to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms Klood uses to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that Klood does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information Klood holds about you.
This document was last updated on 11/08/16.